Unlock the true potential of your PS3 with True Blue – keep your PS3 on a homebrew enabled custom firmware, while at the same time enjoying the newest and most popular PS3 games.
- Booting of games designed for PS3 system software v3.6 and above
- Runs your existing games and new v3.6+ games from HDD in conjunction with standard backup managers
- Does not require the power/eject trick
- Custom v3.55 Dongle firmware behaves like OFW when True Blue is not inserted
- Manufactured from highest grade components and Actel based
- Durable and high quality metal case design
- Tough and durable plastic packaging
- Further features to be added as they are developed
- On board 2 MBytes SPI flash
- Supports Fat and Slim PS3 consoles currently running any firmware up to v3.55 and any PS3 which can be downgraded successfully from v3.6+ to v3.55 (NOTE: requires other tools, True Blue cannot downgrade a console)
- Supports all regions of consoles
- Supports all regions of v3.6+ games
- Rock solid crystal oscillator on board for flawless timing
Setting up your PS3
Before you may use True Blue, you must first install the 3.55‐Dongle custom firmware onto your PS3. This is similar in function to the well known kmeaw CFW; however it also includes modifications which allow True Blue to operate correctly. The 3.55‐Dongle firmware updater is distributed in a file labelled “TrueBlue‐3.55‐CFW-v2.zip”, and may be obtained through an internet search – once you have obtained it, please confirm the validity of the PS3UPDAT.PUP file contained within the ZIP archive by matching with one of the following hashes:
MD5: ff689e1e8cdd02a46ddadb14c3c5b85c *PS3UPDAT.PUP
Once you have confirmed that you have obtained the correct updater file, proceed with the update as follows:
- Obtain a USB storage device such as a USB HDD or USB flash memory stick
- Create a folder on the storage device in which to save the update file. Using a PC, create a folder named “PS3” on the storage device. Within the PS3 folder, create a folder named “UPDATE”
- Copy the PS3UPDAT.PUP file to the “UPDATE” folder created in step 2. Thus, you will have this path structure on your USB storage device: \PS3\UPDATE\PS3UPDAT.PUP
- Boot your PS3 and insert the USB storage device into the PS3
- From the home menu, select (Settings) ‐> (System Update) ‐> (Update via Storage Media)
- The PS3 will notify you that the “3.55‐Dongle” update was found. Select OK then follow the onscreen instructions to complete the update
- After the update has completed, your PS3 will restart and you now be running the 3.55‐Dongle custom firmware. You may now enjoy the use of the True Blue dongle
(NOTE: The above procedure is only applicable to PS3’s on or below system software v3.55)
Using True Blue JB2
To use True Blue, simply insert the dongle into one of the USB ports on your PS3 and power the system up. Do not remove the dongle at any point while the PS3 is running.
True Blue for the most part functions just like a regular jailbreak/CFW in that you may install and run any homebrew software and all of the standard backup managers are supported. The most notable difference is that games designed for PS3 system software v3.6 and above are also supported.
However, in order to enjoy such titles, you must first obtain special “True Blue versions” which have been modified to function with True Blue. Such modified versions are available for download through the “usual channels” and are clearly labelled as being True Blue compatible.
Once you have obtained True Blue modified games, simply copy them to your PS3 internal or external USB HDD as you would with any usual jailbreak game and launch in the usual manner through any one of the many available backup managers.
Updating PS3 True Blue
From time to time, we will release firmware updates for True Blue which will add new features.
Directions and a list of changes will be provided inside the firmware update archive file.
Needed Files & Updates & Guides
True Blue User’s Guide: –> TrueBlueUserGuide2_2.pdf (133.9kb)
v2.2 Updater PKG: –> TrueBlueUpdate2_2.zip (544.2kb)
v2.3 Updater PKG: –> TrueBlueUpdate-2.3.zip (546.3kb)
v2.4 Updater PKG: –> TrueBlueUpdate-2.4.zip (704.5kb)
v2.5 Updater PKG: –> TurBlueUpdate-2.5.zip (452.6kb)
v3.55 CFW – v2: –> TrueBlue-3.55-CFW-2.ZIP (170.37mb)
PS3 Eboot Fixes
Once you rip your original PS3 game disc to your HDD, you need to replace some ‘key’ files called EBOOT’s with ones that been ‘patched’ to support Jailbreak’ing, this only has to be done on later v3.6+ games, for a list of currently released ‘fixes’ please see this link below. — Check back weekly to see if more games been added! — Be Patience Please!
Off-Site Repo: –> ‘True Blue’ Eboot Fixes (via) ‘PS3SceneFiles’
Make sure your ‘True Blue’ dongle is running the latest v2.4 release, if not some current games will not boot-up correctly!
For More Information
Please Visit Their Official Site: http://www.TRUEBLUEJB2.com